1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
3/4 Inch piece ginger
1 tsp Ground coriander
6 Curry leaves
2 Garlic pods
2 Ounces Kurumulaku
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
3/4 Cup peeled and chopped tomatoes
Salt to taste
- Chop the chicken into pieces.
- Fry chopped onions, ginger and garlic in the vegetable oil.
- Add remaining spices and fry for a few minutes.
- Add tomato pieces and salt. Fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well to coat them with the gravy.
- Put the lid and simmer the contents for about half an hour.
- The mixture would turn almost dry. Occasionally add a little water if required.
- Chettinad chicken is ready to serve.