20 nos - Okra (Lady's Finger)
1 no - Onion
10 nos - Garlic flakes
6 nos - Green chillies
1 tsp - Tamarind paste
1/2 Cup - Raw rice water
7 nos - Curry leaves
1/2 tsp - Mustard seeds
1/2 Cup - Water
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Cooking Instructions :
- Add 1/2 cup water to the tamarind paste.
- Wash the okras and cut it into small pieces, chop the onions and garlic, slit green chillies.
- Heat the oil, fry the okra pieces and keep aside
- Heat the oil again and add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Mix chopped onions, garlic and green chilies.
- Add fried okras and tamarind paste, Mix it well.
- Add raw rice water, add salt, boil till the mixture turns thick.
- Vendakkai Mandi is ready.