2 Nos - Green Mangoes
1 Cup - Jaggery
1/2 Cup - Toor dal (cooked)
4 Nos - Red chillies
1 tsp - Mustard seeds
5 Nos - Curry leaves
Oil for frying
Cooking Instructions :
- Peel and Cut the mangoes into pieces.
- Boil the mango pieces for 5 minutes n sufficient water.
- Add cooked toor dal and jaggery as mangoes turn soft.
- Stir it well and boil till the mixture turns thick.
- In a seperate pan heat the oil, add mustard seeds, red chilies and curry leaves.
- As it splutters, pour this on cooked mango mixture and mix well.
- Vella Mangai Pachadi is ready and can be served as an accompaniment with spicy rice.